Full of magic illustrating the profound effects of compassion, this programme looks at relationships which have profoundly affected, changed or influenced one or other party comprising of fiction and animation. In Beyond Is the Day, a Polish ferryman’s decision to secretly host a Palestinian immigrant inspires him to come out of his shell. In The Bull, an unemployed art teacher finds a new vocation in life from a chance encounter with a bull.
The screening will be followed by a panel discussion with the filmmakers.
1. A Summer Place, CY Alexandra Matheou, Cyprus, 2021, 20 mins, drama, with subtitles
2. Bach-Hông, FR Elsa Duhamel, France, 2019, 18 mins, animation, with subtitles
3. And So The Night Will Fall / Asi vendra la noche, ES Ángel Santos, Spain, 2021, 13 mins, drama, with subtitles
4. Into the Blue / Uplavetnilo, HR Antoneta Alamat Kusijanovic, Croatia, 2017, 22 mins, drama, with subtitles
5. Stork / Toonekurg, EE Morten Tšinakov and Lucija Mrzlijak, Estonia, 2020, 16 mins, animation
6. Beyond Is the Day / Dalej jest dzien, PL Damian Kocur, Poland, 2020, 25 mins, drama, no rating, with subtitles
7. The Bull / Bik, SI Bojan Labovic, Slovenia, 2019, 12 mins, drama, with subtitles
This programme was curated by Shira Macleod and organised by EUNIC London with the support of the EU Delegation to the United-Kingdom and the Institut français du Royaume-Uni